I’m by no means an expert on this topic (not yet anyway, hopefully I will be soon!), but I’ve been reading a lot of business blogs, listening to podcasts & even enrolled on course to help move my brand forward. I thought it would be good to share what I’ve learnt so far and hopefully help others in my position.
I’m not a phone person at all, I’m never the one to be caught checking my emails at the dinner table, so I’m really surprised to be writing a post on apps! However, I have found these apps really helpful & they’ve made life a little easier. I’m an Apple girl, but as far as I’m aware these are all available on android as well. I’m relatively new to a couple of these, but already I’m noticing a huge difference in my productivity already. Best part is, all of these are free!……
1. Evernote - if you’re anything like me & have endless note books, post its, bookmarked pages and magazine cuttings, Evernote will change your life a little bit! It lets you create different digital notebooks & add information to it in several forms, including photos, notes, sketches & webpage clippings. It’s really helped me to get organised & get rid of some of my clutter. I’ve created different notebooks, such as ‘blog posts’, ‘design ideas’, ‘fashion’, ‘business resources’, etc & I’ve now found information is not only much more accessible, but it’s put to much better use!
2. Hootsuite - as we’ve probably all been told, the best way to get your brand out there is social media. Hootsuite is a great way to do all of your social networking at a time convenient for you, by allowing you to schedule posts in advance. As much as I would like all of my posts to be live, I find that when I’m awake, most people are asleep (I’m in New Zealand & the time difference is a bit tricky!). So it’s great to be able to organise some posts to be at a more reasonable hour for the majority of the world. It has other good feaures, such as being able to reply to any comments & view likes from one platform, rather than having to log in & out of every app.
3. Flipagram - this easy to use app allows you to take photos & turn them into a video file with music. You may have seen me use this on an ad I made for my bags on instagram (it’s still on my page if you want to have look). I got a really positive repsponse from the video, I think perhaps it’s quite eye catching seeing moving images on a usually still instagram feed?
4. Layout - this app combines lots of different layouts with easy to use editing features, to help you create eye-catching images to share, blog about, or create your own easy artwork.
5. Adobe comp - this will be useful to any designer makers, especially those with a graphics background. This is a simple app that allows you to construct layouts, add text & photos, ready to export to photoshop (I think other platforms are supported too). I like this for when I have an idea on the go. I can quickly map out the idea (everything is done with simple hand gestures), so it’s not forgotten about by the time I get to a computer!
These are just a few ideas to start you off anyway, hopefully they will be of some use. If anyone has any feedback, or has any other suggestions for great apps, please feel free to click into the post & leave a comment…..